Railway Zones and their Headquarters in India
- Indian Railway is divided into 18 Railway Zones.
- Newest Railway Zone is South Coast Railway Zone.
- Each zones are divided into divisions. In total 18 Railway Zones have 70 Divisions.
List of Railway Zones and their Headquarters
|Railway Zone||Zone Headquarters|
|Central Railway||Mumbai CSMT|
|North Central Railway||Prayagraj|
|North Eastern Railway||Gorakhpur|
|Northeast Frontier Railway||Guwahati|
|North Western Railway||Jaipur|
|Eastern Railway||Fairley Place, Kolkata|
|East Central Railway||Hajipur|
|East Coast Railway||Bhubaneswar|
|Southern Railway||Chennai Central|
|South Central Railway||Secunderabad|
|South Coast Railway||Visakhapatnam|
|South Eastern Railway||Garden Reach, Kolkata|
|South East Central Railway||Bilaspur|
|South Western Railway||Hubballi|
|Western Railway||Mumbai (Churchgate)|
|West Central Railway||Jabalpur|
|Kolkata Metro Railway||Park Street, Kolkata|
Apart from this Konkan Railway is also there.
- Operated by the Konkan Railway Corporation.
- Headquarter : CBD Belapur in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- The first passenger train ran on Konkan railway tracks on 20 March 1993, between Udupi and Mangalore.
- The 741-km (461-mi) line connects the states of Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka.